Any registered Cool Camping user may leave a review on coolcamping.com, provided contributions are submitted in a responsible manner and for lawful purposes only. Only expressions of genuinely held belief or opinion of a person who has stayed at the establishment under review may be posted.
All reviews submitted are checked and approved before publication. We reserve the right to remove or edit any comments posted on coolcamping.com, at our discretion.
Reviewers are asked to submit a review that details first-hand experiences of the accommodation, facilities, surrounding area of the site under review, giving constructive criticism where appropriate.
We acknowledge that camper interaction with campsite staff is an integral part of the holiday experience. As such, any grievances with campsite staff must be aired in an objective manner based upon factual evidence of events during the stay in question.
Campsite reviews are limited to 500 words only.
While reviewers are encouraged to express their opinion of their experience, we would kindly ask that reviewers abide
by the following guidelines:
1. Users are prohibited from posting reviews that use abusive, obscene, hateful, or threatening language.
2. User reviews will only be accepted and published if the reviewer has genuinely stayed overnight at the campsite under review.
3. Users are prohibited from posting any promotional material of any kind (including links/URLs) or other forms of solicitation.
4. Users are prohibited from using their review of one campsite to critique other campsites listed on Cool Camping.
5. Users are prohibited from using the potential publication of negative reviews as a means to make demands of a campsite owner (such as refunds).
For campsite owners:
1. Campsite owners (or any other individuals employed by or affiliated with a campsite) are not permitted to review their own campsite and are instead asked to leave any comments in their own 'Owner Says' section. (If you do not have access to this section, please click here.)
2. Campsite owners or individuals employed by or affiliated with a campsite are not permitted to review competitor campsites. In this instance, a local competitor is deemed as any other campsite featured on Cool Camping.
3. We cannot delete unflattering reviews upon request as this would compromise the reliability and impartiality central to Cool Camping.
4. Unlike other travel websites/camping directories, we will investigate any review which is deemed by us to be unduly negative. Criteria for reviews to warrant further investigation is entirely based upon our own discretion and will not be open for discussion.
5. All campsite owners have the opportunity to respond to reviews (regardless of star rating), via the 'reviews' tab when logged in.
6. We highly recommend responses to be no more than 250 words in length. Satisfactory responses will appear directly underneath the review in question.