Deep in the heart of bucolic West Sussex, the Knepp Estate's sprawling 3,500 acres plays host to herds of free-roaming ponies, deer, and a dizzying variety of rare flora and fauna. This picturesque pocket of the south-east is one of the largest re-wilding projects of its kind in lowland Europe – an unspoilt environment every bit as breathtaking as the African savannah.
What could be more awe-inspiring than experiencing the wildlife up close? Camping here, that's what! With everything from shepherd's huts and yurts, to bell tents and semi-wild off-grid camping to choose from, you're spoiled for choice at Knepp Wildland Safaris & Camping... and they allow campfires!
The Knepp Wildland Project's expert ecologists also offer a range of guided walking and all terrain-vehicle safaris. So if you're batty about bats, or if nightingales make you sing, you can choose the tour that suits you best.
For those early rising glampers, a Dawn Safari rewards with a riot of birdsong and sightings of even the shyest animals out in the open – like roe deer, red deer, foxes and badgers. Early mornings offer magical light and herds of Exmoor ponies, longhorn cattle, Tamworth pigs, plus red and fallow deer wandering through wreathes of mist. The safari ends with tea, coffee and a Knepp wild range breakfast.
If you'd rather spend the day relaxing and making the most of your sumptuous shepherds hut, a Dusk Safari is just the ticket. As the daytime animals wind down for the night, it’s common to see the herds taking an evening drink at ponds and lakes – the air filled with the evening chorus of frogs and owls. Using an echo-locator, you’ll identify different species of bats (Knepp is home to 13 of the UK's 18 species) as they fly out of the water meadows. The safari winds up with a glass of wine and a last chance to soak in the lovely sounds of evening from one of Knepp's signature tree-platforms or tree-hide overlooking the lake.
Win a glamping safari package worth up to £300!
The lucky winner will enjoy a two night, mid-week break in one of Knepp's individually-designed shepherds huts (complete with cosy double bed and wood-burning stove). You will also join Knepp's expert guides on a safari of your choice – a wonderful chance to take some spectacular snaps.
***THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED***
To win this fantastic prize...
Simply leave a review of any campsite on the Cool Camping website. It's that simple! Every new campsite review counts as a new entry and you can enter as many times as you like! You need to be a registered user to leave a campsite review, so click here to sign up, or just get writing if you're already a Cool Camper!
Competition closes 30th April. The winner will be notified via email within one week of the competition closing. Good luck!
terms and conditions
1. This promotion is open to UK residents, excluding employees of Punk Publishing Ltd, their families, agencies and anyone else directly connected with the promotion.
2. Entrants must be 18 years or over.
3. Competition Details: In order to qualify for this competition, entrants must submit a caption (20 words maximum) via the email@example.com address. The competition will begin at one minute past midnight (00.01) in the early morning of Thursday 31st March 2016. Any entries submitted before that time will not be eligible.
3. 1 You may enter as many times as you wish, but each entry must be a separate suggestion submitted.
3. 2 The closing date for this promotion is Saturday 30th April 2016. Any captions submitted after this date will not be eligible. Captions received up until midnight on Saturday 30th April will be eligible.
3. 3 We accept no responsibility for damage or loss resulting from misdirected or incomplete entries arising from computer malfunction, viruses, bugs or telephone malfunction or other such causes. We are in no way liable for the reproduction or indirect access via third party websites which misstates or omits any of the information or terms and conditions connected with the promotion.
3. 4 The winning caption will be selected from all submitted, within 1 week of the closing date.
3. 5 The winner will be notified via email within 1 week. The winner must confirm acceptance of this prize within 1 week, otherwise it will awarded to another entrant. The name of the winner may be published on the www.coolcamping.co.uk websites, and may be used in other marketing emails.
4. Prize Details: Prize consists of a two night, mid-week stay for two in either Exmoor or Longhorn shepherds huts at Knepp Wildland Safaris and Camping & a guided safari for two (as chosen by the winner). The prize must be redeemed by the end of 2016. Booking based on availability. No one under 12 years of age. No pets. Knepp Wildland Safari and Camping's standard terms & conditions apply and can be found here. Prize does not include travel to or from any of the locations. Safari must be booked at the time of accommodation reservation.
4. 1 No cash alternative will be offered.
4. 2 In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the competition promoters reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value should the specified prize become unavailable.
4. 3 The promoters reserve the right to cancel or amend without notice the terms of this promotion and any prize issued in the event of major catastrophe, war, earthquake or any actual or anticipated or alleged breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other circumstance beyond the promoter’s control.
4. 4 The promoters cannot be held liable for any failure by third parties to fulfil their obligations or for any acts or omissions outside their control. However, the promoters will endeavour to minimise the effect of any such failure.
5. By entering this promotion all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules. All entry instructions form part of the rules. Any breach of these Terms and Conditions will result in a forfeit of the prize.
This competition is promoted by Punk Publishing Ltd, 81 Rivington Street, Shoreditch, London EC2A 3AY. Entries should not be sent to this address.