Cae’r Gseg, Brynteg, Anglesey LL78 8JT
- Sleeps 4 (max 4 adults, 3 children)
- Cooking facilities
- Beds Provided
- Bed Linen Not Included
Book camping accommodation at Anglesey Tipi and Yurt Holidays
The Owner Says
Our Tipi and Yurts are set privately, with individual picnic bench and space for barbecuing. So if you want to spend some time with your family or friends on your own you can, and if you would like to socialise then there is a communal space with a fire pit and seating area under canvas.
Tipis aren’t as weatherproof as Yurts due to their structure therefore we usually recommend the Yurts rather than the Tipi for families especially with smaller children as the Yurts are less challenging in terms of rainy conditions and have advantage of a wood burning stove. Our Tipi is provided with rain catcher and external hood to minimise drips during rainy conditions. We’ll also show you on arrival how to operate Tipi smoke flaps for when you lighting the fire. This is quite simple operation and it adds that extra factor of adventure to your stay in a Tipi. Please take these factors under consideration when you’re making your choice of accommodation.
The Tipi and Yurts are furnished to create a nice, cosy space. This includes:
- Double futon and two single futons
- Fairy lights
- Wind up lantern
- Chiminea in the Tipi and a wood-burning stoves in the Yurts
In each Yurt and Tipi there is a cooking space equipped as follows:
- Camping gas stove
- Set of pots
- Frying pan
- Sharp knife
- Tin opener
- Bottle opener
- 2 chopping boards
- Potato peeler
- Washing up bowl
- Water carrier
- Sweeping brush and shovel
- Cool box
- We will supply you with a basket of wood for your first night. Additional wood for the chiminea/wood burning stove and fire wood for the open fire you can buy on the site and also locally (Benllech Garage) or you can bring your own wood.
- Barbecue charcoal is also available on the site at reasonable prices.
- We can provide ice packs for the cool box and they can be swapped for fresh once at the cottage.
- Cots are available if required. Let us know if you need one when booking. We also have nappy changing table and baby bath in the shower and toilet block. The shower and toilet block also have electric sockets.
- Bench tables by each Tipi/Yurt.
- Recycling point with bins for plastic, paper, cans and glass.
- Eco friendly washing up liquid, soups and biodegradable loo paper.
- Two washing up sinks under cover and compost toilets in close proximity to tents. We also provide 2 flush toilets, 2 showers and 2 washing sinks, which are installed in wooden cabin, 150 m away from the site, near the car park.
- Several hammocks in the woodland, by the site.
- Car park. The Yurt and Tipi Site is a car-free zone and we provide a wheelbarrow to help you transport your things from the car park.
What you need to bring
- Your own bedding (warm sleeping bag or duvet, pillows, sheets)
- Good footwear i.e. wellies or walking boots
- Slippers or other easy to remove footwear for inside the Yurts/Tipi
Home grown produce
We have a flock of chickens and are growing a modest selection of vegetables which are available according to the season, so if you would like to enjoy free range eggs for your breakfast, cook your meal with home produced vegetables or take a veggie box home, we’ll let you know what’s available on arrival.
The Owner Says
Our Tipi and Yurt glamping site, established in 2008, is situated in beautiful, natural surroundings, 1 mile from the east coast, on the Island of Anglesey, North Wales. We have one Tipi and four Yurts, set in individual clearings, carved out of the young woodland, creating a secluded and peaceful site. In the evenings you can sit by the fire and listen to the sounds of nature and during the day explore a beautiful area of the Island.
The interior of both Tipi and Yurt create a magnificent space for groups of friends and families. It is also a wonderful way of spending your honeymoon or anniversary – we have a cosy Tipi ideal for two.
We also offer our campsite as a venue for workshops. Over the last seven years we have planted 50% of our 8 acres with trees and on the land you can find many different types of wild flowers including Orchids.
As we are near the coast there are lots of sandy beaches to explore and also many delightful footpaths. There are several Nature Reserves and Sites of Special Scientific Interest and many ancient monuments, including standing stones, burial chambers and settlements. Snowdonia National Park is nearby. Local shops and amenities are a 5 minute drive.
Campfires allowed in one designated area. Two tipis, three yurts, the latter with wood burning fires (first bundle of wood is free). Yurts' inventory includes small gas stoves, cutlery and cooking utensils, 2 fold-out futon beds. Tipis have double beds and BBQs. Two flush toilets in the cabin facility block, one compost loo in the woods. The cabin also has two powerful showers and sofa, tables, nappy changing table, electricity points and sinks, with plenty of room for kids to sit and play. A 11/2 acre wild wood with footpaths and hammocks.