Ty Barcud Luxury Glamping Pod
- Sleeps 2 (max 2 adults, 0 children)
- Cooking facilities
- Beds Provided
- Bed Linen Provided
- Private Bathroom
- In room Wifi
- A snug en-suite cabin with all mod cons including electricity, TV and wifi (on request)
- Secluded location in its own two-acre meadow shared only with chickens and ducks
- Stunning valley views from the deck outside
The Owner Says
Our glamping pod sits in a two-acre meadow which is exclusively yours for the duration of your stay. The pod is curved, cedar clad and fully insulated for a really comfortable and cosy experience for two-people.
The location is idyllic, the perfect place in which to escape the hustle and bustle of everday living and perfect for switching off from the world (there's no mobile coverage at the pod, but don't worry there is wifi available on request!).
The pod is accessed from your parking space via its own path across the garden then through a gateway into our Welsh meadow and woodland. Here you will find many varieties of tree, an apple orchard and a stunning view of the Ystywth valley. Overhead fly Red Kites and other birds while your meadow is home to our free range ducks and chickens.
In the pod:
- Double bed with luxury bedding and duck down duvet (hollow fibre available on request)
- Wool blankets
- Under bed storage
- 2 seater sofa bed (bedding on request)
- Kitchenette with sink, fridge, induction hob, microwave, kettle, toaster, tea towels, hand towel, dishcloths, all pots, pans, crockery and cutlery you will need. Also complimentary tea, coffee (instant and ground), sugar, oil, salt and pepper, washing up liquid and ketchup.
- First aid kit and torch
- Television for DVDs with USB port
- Drop down table with tablecloth and wooden stools
- DVDs, games and books
- Wifi connection (available on request)
- Mirror and lamp
- Wet room with washbasin and loo, bathmat, loo rolls and liquid soap (Towels not included)
Outside the pod:
- On the decking – wooden box seats with storage for shoes and boots
- On the patio – table and 4 chairs, solar lighting
- Behind the pod – bins for recycling and waste
- In the meadow – fire pit and seating, hammock between 2 trees, shed for drying coats and boots and storing charcoal and matches with wood store
- Near your car park there is access to a garage to keep your mountain bike. You are able to use the tumble dryer and freezer at any time during your stay
About Ty Barcud
Suitable ForGlamping only. Tents, campervans and caravans – no.
NearbyWhere to start? Even the nearest A-road, leading across the Cambrian Mountains to Rhayader, was once described by the AA as one of the ten most scenic drives in the world. And it's just a road. The Ystwyth Valley is even more popular with walkers, cyclists and anglers (the river Ystwyth is a favourite for trout and salmon). Hugh and Barb have plenty of maps you can borrow and are always keen to give recommendations. Particular highlights include Bwlch Nant yr Arian Red Kite Feeding Centre (0300 065 3000; feeding times are 3pm in summer and 2pm in winter) and the Hafod Estate – 200 hectares of gardens, statues, waterfalls, grottos and caves. Take a picnic, swim in the river and spend the day (entry is free). National Trust owned Llanerchaeron (01545 570200) is a similarly grand spot nearby for exploring and you can go inside the house if it rains. Devils Bridge Falls (01970 890233) is also well worth a visit. After walking to the dramatic falls, enjoy a well-deserved cup of tea and cakes at the impressive Hafod Hotel (01970 890232).
Food & DrinkThere's a welcome basket in the pod on your arrival containing a small loaf, butter, milk, a soft drink and welsh cakes with jams. For an additional charge they also offer breakfast baskets (the same as the welcome basket plus bacon, sausages and free range eggs), luxury baskets (all of the above plus a bottle of wine, Welsh beer and chocolate truffles) and a celebration basket (Prosecco, box of chocolates and bouquet of flowers). Head to Aberaeron harbour for the delightful Harbourmaster Hotel (01545 570 755) – or for an open fire, great ale and food go to Y Talbot (01974 298208) in rural Tregaron. There are many good places to eat in Aberystwyth, Hugh and Barb are always happy to offer recommendations.
Ty Barcud is located at Berllan Deg, Cnwch Coch, Trawscoed, Aberystwyth, SY23 4LQ