Pod (1 at Darnells' Luxury Glamping)
The Owner Says
Our Pods include:
- Double bed
- Sofa that converts into another double bed
- All bed linen (including towels)
- Small Kitchen area with Sink, Toaster, Kettle, Fridge and Microwave
- Bathroom fitted with shower, flushing WC and wash basin
- All Crockery and Cutlery for 4 people
- Lighting, Plug & USB Socket
- Underfloor heating
- Outside veranda and barbecue area for dining, sunbathing and chilling out
- Parking for one car at a designated car park nearby
- Also provided are basic essentials such as loo paper, cotton wool, hand towels, hand soap and hand cream.
Our Coronavirus Booking Guarantee
Book with complete confidence at Darnells' Luxury Glamping with the Cool Camping Coronavirus Booking Guarantee. We guarantee the following clear policy for your booking:
- A low deposit of 30% to secure your booking
- Balance not due until 30 days before your holiday, in case of late changes to Coronavirus guidance
- Complete flexibility to move bookings up to the end of 2021 in the event of Coronavirus restrictions
- In the event of a lack of 2021 availability, switch your dates to 2022
- Due to low deposit and late balance payment, no refunds are offered
About Darnells' Luxury Glamping
Glamping only. Group gatherings (up to 10 adults and 4 children) are permitted and dogs are welcome.
The site is on a working farm, so there is always something going on and visitors often wake up with views of cows or sheep grazing in the field next to the site. There are 2 golf courses within 5 miles of site: Ross-on-Wye Golf Club (01989 720267) and South Herefordshire Golf Club (01989 780535). There’s plenty for foodies, including Harts Barn Cookery School (01452 831719), Hillside Brewery (01452 830222), Three Choirs Vineyard (01531 890223) and Westons Cider Mill (01531 660233) all within 10 miles of site. A little further afield is the Chase Distillery (01432 820455). The historic market town of Ross-on-Wye is 7 miles away with plenty to see and do, including the Made in Ross gallery (01989 769398). More active things to do include walking at the National Trust’s May Hill (4 miles away), cycling in the Forest of Dean with bike hire from Pedal a Bike Away (01594 729000) and a range of adventure activities from Wyedean Canoe and Adventure Centre (01600 890238) 13 miles away. Other nearby attractions include Hellens Manor (01531 660504) and Newbridge Farm Park (01531 670780). There’s also Puzzlewood (01594 833187), Littledean Jail (01594 826659), the Dean Forest Railway (01594 845840), Clearwell Caves (01594 832535) and Goodrich Castle.
Food & Drink
A complimentary breakfast hamper is provided on the first morning of stays. Local eggs and a selection of seasonal, freshly-cooked meals are available on site but must be pre-ordered a day in advance. The site is within walking distance of three local pubs that serve food: The Roadmaker Inn (01989 720352), an outstanding Gurkha curry house, is 1 mile away; The Alma Inn (01989 720355), one of the very few old-fashioned English pubs remaining with excellent pub food using local suppliers (1½ miles away); and The Penny Farthing (01989 750366). There is also a village shop and post office selling local produce within walking distance, Gorsley Shop (¾ mile). The Forest Bakehouse (café and shop; 01452 830435) is 5 miles away and recommended. There are plenty of independent shops and eateries in Ross-on-Wye.
Site ReviewsAdd Your Review
Rated ★★★★★ over 10 reviews
Lovely stay, ideal location, perfect for the children
Perfect weekend away wish we could have stayed longer
Mid week break
Darnells' Luxury Glamping is located at Darnells Farm, Linton, Ross-on-Wye, Herefordshire HR9 7SQ.
Leave the M50 at junction 3 to join the B4221 signposted to Newent. After about ½ mile, turn right just before The Roadmaker Inn. Follow the road past The Gorsley Chapel, then follow the road down through the narrow bit, bear left and up to the T juction, go straight onto Sargent’s Lane. Take the first right on to Darnell’s Lane. You will find the Darnell’s Luxury Farm Glamping after about 400 metres.
There is a bus stop less than a mile from the glamping site with buses operating to Ross-on-Wye, Newent and Gloucester. The nearest train stations are Ledbury (11 miles away) and Gloucester (14 miles away).