Dog Friendly Yurt
- Sleeps 6 (max 6 adults, 5 children)
- Cooking facilities
- Beds Provided
- Bed Linen Provided
- Proper double bed for a good nights sleep
- Kitchen area with running water and coffee making facilities
- Private outdoor seating area with BBQ facilities
The Owner Says
- Our yurts are available to book for one week stays throughout the year. A minimum of 7 days are required for a booking.
- With a total floor space of 34.4m2 the standard yurt provides very spacious and comfortable accommodation for guests.
- Each yurt has the capacity to sleep up to 6 people comfortably. One kingsize bed and two double beds are standard in each yurt.
- Each yurt has its own private area with a deck, BBQ facilities, outdoor seating and a food preparation area are provided a short distance away, together with a wood supply and fire lighting equipment.
- Kitchen areas include a gas stove, cool box, pots and pans, running water as well as tea and coffee making facilities.
- Crockery, cutlery, glasses, cooking pots and utensils etc are also provided. We also will provide a squirrel proof box for food storage.
- Food can be ordered online and delivered from a local supermarket. Also the site is within range of Newquay's various takeaway facilities.
- Please note that we are not licensed to supply alcoholic drinks although you are very welcome to bring your own.
- Wifi is available in the area around the Barn and Cowshed.
- All linen is provided.
Our Coronavirus Booking Guarantee
Book with complete confidence at Real Glamping at the Fir Hill with the Cool Camping Coronavirus Booking Guarantee. We guarantee the following clear policy for your booking:
- A low deposit of 20% to secure your booking
- Balance due 10 days before your holiday
- Complete flexibility to move bookings for up to 18 months in the event of Coronavirus restrictions
- Due to the flexibility provided we are unable to offer refunds
- This guarantee supersedes any other policies
About Real Glamping at the Fir Hill
Suitable ForGlamping only. Dogs are permitted in 2 of the yurts (maximum 2 dogs per booking).
NearbyColan is just 3 miles from Newquay. As you approach the glamping site you even get a glimpse of the sea down the Porth Valley – it's the place to head (3 miles) for beautiful beaches, dramatic cliffs and a wander along the South West Coast Path. If you have the energy, use the footpath to get the most out of the coastline, taking in its full undulating scale, from high rocky bluffs to hidden, sandy coves. The quietest beaches are always those only accessible on foot. Try, for example, finding Fox Hole at the far north end of Watergate Bay (follow the grassy track from the main junction in the centre of Trevarrian – opposite Keernow Trek B&B – if you don't want to walk the full mile of up the beach). The vibrant city of Truro, meanwhile, is a short drive away, and definitely worth a visit for its impressive array of independent shops, cosmopolitan restaurants, weekly food markets and striking architecture. The popular family attractions of The Eden Project (01726 811911) and The Lost Gardens of Heligan (01726 845100) can all be reached within 45 minutes (depending on seasonal traffic conditions).
Food & DrinkBy arrangement, BBQs can be organised by the glamping site at their central outdoor kitchen for a fixed price. This is usually only an option for groups of 10 adults or more. Food can be ordered online and delivered to the campsite address. For something more local, though, try a full English breakfast in Bre Pen Farm Shop & Bistro (01673860420), or stock up on lamb-and-mint burgers, from farm-reared, cliff-top flocks, for your campfire feast. For a good pub, try the Falcon Inn (01637 860225), in St Mawgan – a superb, wisteria-clad, 16th-century inn with a lovely garden and good food.
Real Glamping at the Fir Hill is located at The Fir Hill Estate, Colan, Newquay, Cornwall TR8 4NB