Foss (2 at Whorlton Pods)
The Owner Says
Foss is one of our luxury cedar pods named after the stunning Falling Foss waterfall in the North York Moors. Our pods are ideal for two adults – however the sofabed is perfect to accommodate a little one!
- Personal hot tub
- Outdoor BBQ and welcome wood pack
- Stone paved patio with dining furniture
- Generous fully equipped kitchenette
- Cosy double bed complete with towels and bedding
- Sofa bed – handy for when the little one needs to tag along! (linen bundle can be provided as an extra at checkout.)
- Set of oak and wicker drawers (so you don’t need to live out of a suitcase whilst you’re here!)
- Drop leaf dining table with two chairs
- Wall mounted Smart TV
- Bespoke en-suite room complete with corner shower, toilet, basin, heated towel rail and wall mirror.
- Underbed storage – ideal for small luggage cases or holdall bags.
Our Coronavirus Booking Guarantee
Book with complete confidence at Whorlton Pods with the Cool Camping Coronavirus Booking Guarantee. We guarantee the following clear policy for your booking:
- A low deposit of 30% to secure your booking
- Balance not due until 30 days before your holiday, in case of late changes to Coronavirus guidance
- Complete flexibility to move bookings up to the end of 2021 in the event of Coronavirus restrictions
- In the event of a lack of 2021 availability, switch your dates to 2022
- Due to low deposit and late balance payment, no refunds are offered
About Whorlton Pods
Glamping, families, couples – yes. Tents, campervans, caravans, dogs – no.
Whorlton Pods is on the western edge of the North York Moors, so there are plenty of good walks and attractions on the doorstep (and it's a 45-minute drive to the coast, to popular spots like Staithes and Whitby). It's a 10-minute zip down the A172 to the National Trust-owned ruins of Mount Grace Priory, House and Gardens (01609 883494). Walk through the recently renovated gardens, enjoy the scenery from the onsite café or explore the ruins of the medieval monastery before visiting the reconstructed monk’s cell. Roseberry Topping is just over 15 minutes away, if you choose to visit then you’ll also be able to walk through Newton Wood while you’re there, full of equally stunning scenery. From the summit of the Roseberry Topping hill, you’ll be able to see panoramic views of the surrounding countryside, taking it all in while you recover from the challenging climb.
Food & Drink
There are several pubs within walking distance. The nearest is the Sutton Arms (01642 700382) around 15 minutes away – dine out in their marquee area under their fairy lights or order off their takeaway menu and enjoy their dishes back at your pod. But you can also stroll 20 minutes or so cross county to the two pubs in Swainby, passing a ruined medieval castle (Whorlton Castle) along the way. There's the Black Horse Inn (01642 7 00436) and the Blacksmiths Arms (01642 700303), as well as the Rusty Bike Café (01642 688549) by day.
Site ReviewsAdd Your Review
Rated ★★★★★ over 5 reviews
Fantastic Accommodation and Location
great place and wonderful stay
Fantastic stay...10/10! 👏🏼
Whorlton Pods is located at Four Wynds, Faceby, North Yorkshire DL6 3HU
Leave the A19 onto the A172 (by the Cleveland Tontine) travelling towards Stokesley. Continue for just under five miles, passing Swainby village on the right, Whorlton Pods is the next farm entrance after this, look out for a maroon/red signpost for a clue you’re at the right place.
The nearest train station is in Northallerton but from there it's still a good 20-minute taxi journey.