Pond Meadow (8 at Gresham Hall Glamping)
The Owner Says
- Hot showers and flushing loos shacks are a short walk across the meadow.
- Kitchen sink area for washing up with hot water.
- Fridges and microwave available to use in a shared shed.
- Twice weekly pizza nights - come and get your delicious pizza cooked to order in front of your eyes with the freshest ingredients.
- Drinking water taps are dotted around the field, each only all a short walk from your tent.
- Electricity is provided in the tents for the bedside lights, electric blankets and phone charging.
- Crockery and cutlery is provided.
- There is a kettle in your tent for the essential morning cup of tea or coffee.
- Plug in cool boxes to store a small amount of essentials.
- Please be aware there is a pond on the site which is not fenced off so children should not be left unaccompanied at any time.
- We have a 10pm noise curfew to protect the surrounding environment and preserve your own peace and quiet.
- Each tent has it's own fire pit with logs available to purchase from the surrounding woodland on Gresham Hall Estate.
- Portable or disposal BBQ's are not permitted for the safety of the site and our guests. Each tent comes with its own BBQ which is to be used with consideration to the surrounding tents and meadow grass. Charcoal is not provided but can be purchased and delivered to your tent on request.
- Each tent includes a picnic bench.
- Make sure you bring wellies, beach towels, toiletries, a warm jumper, a torch and a sense of adventure.
Our Coronavirus Booking Guarantee
Book with complete confidence at Gresham Hall Glamping with the Cool Camping Coronavirus Booking Guarantee. We guarantee the following clear policy for your booking:
- A low deposit of 30% to secure your booking
- Balance not due until 30 days before your holiday, in case of late changes to Coronavirus guidance
- Complete flexibility to move bookings up to the end of 2021 in the event of Coronavirus restrictions
- In the event of a lack of 2021 availability, switch your dates to 2022
- Due to low deposit and late balance payment, no refunds are offered
About Gresham Hall Glamping
Glampers, families, couples – yes. Dogs, personal tents, campervans, caravan – no.
It's just half a mile to the back gate of the National Trust's Felbrigg Hall estate (01263 837444), with plenty more walking to do when you get there. Follow the footpath down and round the lake (look out for the hollow tree you can crawl inside on the way) or the driveway in front of the house and to the courtyard café. The more recently restored walled garden is also well worth exploring. Sheringham Park (01263 820550), three miles away, likes to compete in the country estate stakes, with woodland trails to wander and excellent views over the sea. For beaches, head to Sheringham or Cromer, both around three miles. The reality along this stretch of Norfolk coast is that it's really all one continuous beach, just with different towns and villages backing on to it, so you can take your pick of access points. A particularly good option, however, is to head to Cromer and walk along the beach to Overstrand, returning via the clifftop path that takes in the colourful gorse beside the golf course and fantastic views of Cromer Pier. Then grab fish and chips in Cromer or at the little cafe in Overstrand halfway. Miles more of the coastline is within easy reach by car, with the likes of Cley next to the Sea and its nature reserve, the endless pebble beach at Salthouse, and the picturesque harbours of Morston and Blakeney all within a half-hour drive of Gresham Hall Glamping.
Food & Drink
The nearest pub is the Roman Camp Inn (01263 838291), half a mile away, but for fine food it's worth heading a little further, with ample options in Cromer (three miles) and Sheringham (four miles) as well as along the A148 in the foodie market town of Holt (eight miles), where Byfords (01263 711400) is a particularly good place to stop. Pick of the pubs includes The Gunton Arms (01263 832010), where game is roasted on an open fire in the middle of the dining room (book well in advance if you're dining), the Bucks Arms (01263 732133) on the National Trust's Blickling Estate and the Saracen's Head (01263 768909) in Wolterton. If you want one by the coast, try The Dun Cow (01263 740870), overlooking the marsh in Salthouse (or grab fish and chips in Cromer and eat it on the pier).
Site ReviewsAdd Your Review
Rated ★★★★★ over 5 reviews
Very comfortable stay
Nice bel tent but overpriced
A sweet and cosy stay
Teething problems - but a pleasant stay
Great little break
Gresham Hall Glamping is located at Gresham Hall Glamping, Pond Field, Aylmerton, NR11 8PZ.
Gresham Hall Glamping is situated on the edge of Aylmerton village, with access from Church Road. Due to the small, private nature of the campsite, full directions are only provided upon booking.
The nearest train stations are in Cromer or Sheringham. From there trains run to Norwich, where you will need to change to link up with London, Cambridge, Ely and further afield.