Grass pitch (11)
- Sleeps 10 (max 10 adults, 9 children)
The Owner Says
- Free large shower and toilet block
- Large indoors dining & seating area
- Waste disposal points
- 500m from Pembrokeshire coastal path
- Campfires allowed | Wood for sale
- BBQ’s permitted | Charcoal for sale
- Pets welcome
- Camping near St Davids
- Traditional Pembrokeshire Campsite
Our Coronavirus Booking Guarantee
Book with complete confidence at Celtic Camping and Bunkhouses with the Cool Camping Coronavirus Booking Guarantee. We guarantee the following clear policy for your booking:
- A low deposit of 20% to secure your booking
- Balance due 10 days before your holiday
- Complete flexibility to move bookings for up to 18 months in the event of Coronavirus restrictions
- Due to the flexibility provided we are unable to offer refunds
- This guarantee supersedes any other policies
About Celtic Camping and Bunkhouses
Tents, well-behaved dogs (and owners), campervans, caravans – yes. Any type of group welcome – Celtic Camping offers Stag and Hen weekends filled with BBQs and outdoor/sea activities galore.
The pebble beach is a 10-minute walk away – just off the coast path. It’s small but has rockpools and is good for swimming. Or ramble along the Pembrokeshire Coastal Path for just over 30 minutes towards Abereiddi’s famous Blue Lagoon. Don wetsuits, bouyancy aids and helmets to fling yourselves off the cliffs there and shute down waterfalls: Celtic Quest Coasteering (01348 837337), recently awarded Best Visitor Experience in Wales by the national tourist board, are based in Abereiddi and will take you out for around 2½ hours.
Food & Drink
You can pre-order brekkies (which feature the farm’s home-produced sausages and bacon), packed lunches and evening meals (when available). Amble along the coastal path to the famous Sloop Inn (01348 831449) at Porthgain harbour. As well as your standard meal times they offer an hour of Bacon Sarnies from 11a.m. till noon and an afternoon menu from 3–5p.m. so you’ll never go hungry.
Farm machinery and the on site pond (although this is ringed by a fence) to be mindful of, and you’re on a cliff-top.
Celtic Camping and Bunkhouses is located at Pwll Caerog Farm, Berea, St David’s, Pembrokeshire SA62 6DG
Take the A487 into St David’s and head north out of the city on Nun Street. Take the first left (before the rugby club) and continue along the road for 3½ miles, passing Pembrokeshire Sheepdogs and the nursery. Celtic Camping is on the left, down a track.
Take a train to Haverfordwest and from the bus station there hop on the Puffin Shuttle (no. 400) to St David’s, then the Strumble Shuttle (no.404), which will drop you off near the site on request. Celtic Camping is 4 miles from St David’s.