Mongolion yurt with exclusive kitchen
- Sleeps 6 (max 4 adults, 5 children)
- Cooking facilities
- Beds Provided
- Bed Linen Provided
- In room Wifi
- Pet Friendly
The Owner Says
Our traditional Mongolion yurts are comfortable, clean and cosy.
- Each yurt is slightly different but they all sleep up to 6 persons comfortably. They have proper beds which are made up for your arrival.
- There unique selling point is most certainly the exclusive cabin kitchen, fully equipped with everything you need including fridge freezer, gas hob, toaster and microwave. For 2019, we have also added a washing up sink with hot and cold running water.
- Externally there is an individual garden area with fire pit, low seating for campfire evenings, picnic bench and hammock for relaxing under the stars (our stars are stunning on a clear night).
- There is a wood burning stove which takes just 20 minutes to heat up the yurt.
- There is mains electricity for power and lighting in the yurt and cabin kitchen. Perfect for after dark and charging phones or laptops. Free Wi-fi is also available.
- The yurts are well positioned for privacy and each has their own parking spaces directly outside.
- Hot showers and flushing toilets are located in the communal block, just a short walk in the opposite corner of field.
About Tregroes Caravan, Camping & Glamping Park
Everyone! Glampers, campers, tents, campervans, caravans, and dogs (2 per pitch).
Walk the 20 minutes into Fishguard, with local shops for your day to day needs. Sea kayaking and sailing can be arranged in the lower town (as well as crabbing with a bucket, line and net) and you can arrange wildlife-watching boat trips, too, though the campsite is just a mile or so from the Pembrokeshire Coast National Path, where you can walk and see much of the wildlife from the shore – the route to Strumble Head is good for seal spotting and, if you're very lucky, you may see dolphins. Use the number 404 'Strumble Shuttle' bus if you want to leave the car and travel further afield whilst still using Tregroes as a central base. Plenty of breathtaking beaches nearby (around 15–30 mins drive for most). The nearest, Goodwick Sands, is a family-friendly town beach which is only a 5-minute drive or 40-minute walk away. There's also the spectacular sandy stretch at Newport Sands (locally known as Traeth Mawr or Big Beach) and Whitesands further along towards St Davids – the UK's smallest city and home to the magnificent cathedral that gives it such status.
Food & Drink
With Fishguard within walking distance, there are loads of options – ask Colin and Sam for their up-to-date recommendations. Among them are the view-tastic BarFive, overlooking the harbour – a place for a quiet G&T or cocktail and JT at 3 Main Street a fine dining restaurant. The recently refurnished Royal Oak is good for bar meals and a notable plaque commemorating the defeat of a bizarre french raid in 1797 (the peace treaty was signed in the pub), while daytime bites are found in Gourmet Pig (the best coffee in the village). For fish and chips and homemade ice-cream Hooked@31 is the one. When the weather's at its best, though, it's well worth the 15-minute drive to Pwllgwaelod Beach for the very last views of the evening sun at the characterful Old Sailors (best to book @01348 811491) – a classic, quiet smugglers pub dating from 1593, with views from the garden across Fishguard Bay to the ferry port and local seafood aplenty on the menu.
Tregroes Caravan, Camping & Glamping Park is located at Tregroes Camping Park, Manorowen Road, Tregroes, Fishguard, Pembrokeshire SA65 9QF
The campsite is 300 yards off the A40 as you approach Fishguard from Haverfordwest (on the left) or as you leave Fishguard towards Haverfordwest (on the right). On the A40, look for a brown tourist sign with the camping symbols (it says '300yrds') and a sign to Manorowen 1½. Turn here and, after 300 yards, you will arrive at Tregroes Caravan, Camping & Glamping Park.
Fishguard & Goodwick Railway station is the terminus of one of the branches of the Swansea line. The T5 bus run by Richard Bros (01239 613756) is the closest bus route to Tregroes, running between Haverfordwest and Aberystwyth – the bus is completely free for all travellers at the weekend! There are many other buses from Fishguard square which connect to Newport, St. Davids and the Pembrokeshire coastal path. The Stena Line ferry terminal (0844 770 7070), which connects Fishguard to Rosslare in the Republic of Ireland is 1 mile away (sailings twice daily).