Kingfisher's Burrow (4 at Erwlon)
The Owner Says
With a globe-like feel, each pod has an excellently equipped kitchen area as well as an en-suite shower room, luxurious double bed matched with Egyptian cotton sheets and towels, snuggly sofa bed and television. Its double glazed windows and under floor heating provides the perfect balance for all seasons.
Outside each pod offers relaxing decking area with table and chairs to enjoy al-fresco evenings with exclusive access to the riverside. On arrival, take a moment to enjoy the Riverside views whilst tucking into a Welsh Brew mug of tea and local Welsh cakes.
Each pod has its own dedicated parking space for one vehicle
- Equipped kitchen area
- Sink, fridge, gas hob, microwave, kettle, toaster, selection of pots and pans, crockery and cutlery
- Drop down dinner table, table cloth and stools
- Ensuite Shower Room
- Two-seater sofa bed (bedding available on request with small charge)
- Egyptian Cotton duvet, cotton pillow covers & sheets, blanket & fluffy towels
- Underfloor heating
- Television with DVD player
- Board games, books and DVDs
- Welcome selection of tea, coffee, fresh milk, sugar and Welsh Cakes
- Cooking starter set of oil, salt & pepper
- Underbed storage and wardrobe storage
- First Aid Kit
- Beautiful view of the River Gwydderig
- In the summer months, a hammock for chill-outs in the meadow
- Wooden shed available to use for drying coats
- Dedicated car parking outside your own Riverside Pod
- Decking around the pod with tables and chairs
- Individual storage for shoes and wellies
- Bike storage
- Available on the Erwlon site – washing machine, tumble dryer, iron and free
Our Coronavirus Booking Guarantee
Book with complete confidence at Erwlon with the Cool Camping Coronavirus Booking Guarantee. We guarantee the following clear policy for your booking:
- A low deposit of 30% to secure your booking
- Balance not due until 30 days before your holiday, in case of late changes to Coronavirus guidance
- Complete flexibility to move bookings up to the end of 2021 in the event of Coronavirus restrictions
- In the event of a lack of 2021 availability, switch your dates to 2022
- Due to low deposit and late balance payment, no refunds are offered
Everyone's welcome! Tents, caravans, campervans, groups and dogs – yes.
NearbyCampers are spoilt for choice with subterranean attractions including the Big Pit: National Coal Museum (029 2039 7951), The National Showcaves (01639 730284) at Dan-yr-Ogof and a thrilling trip to look for gold at the Dolaucothi Gold Mines (01558 825146). The trails of Cwm Rhaeadr are only a 20-minute cycle ride away. It’s a fantastic place for a day out, and the area’s drenched in history, including Bronze Age burial cairns and Iron Age hill forts. The cycle tracks are particularly good; you can hire bikes through the Reeses. Try out the pony-trekking at Pumpsaint and Llanwrtyd (01686 628200). Kids can do their own weaving at the free National Woollen Museum (029 2057 3070), or visit the splendid National Botanic Gardens (01558 668768) with its wide-open spaces mean the gardens never feel crowded. However there’s a lack of cover, so if rain is forecast - come prepared! Take a trip to the ancient standing stones of Myndd Llangyndeyrn, a Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) that attracts an abundance of rare birds and uncommon invertebrates. More natural kicks await at the magnificent gardens and stately house at Aberglasney (01558 668998).
Food & DrinkYou can’t visit Erwlon without a trip into Llandovery to the Penygawse Victorian Tea Rooms (01550 721727). Beneath its tinkling chandeliers you can enjoy great lunches, excellent cream teas and the best coffee in Wales. For lip-smackingly good ice cream head to Llanfaes (01874 625892) ice-cream parlour with 50 flavours of locally made ice cream. 13 miles away is The Angel (01558 823394) at Salem, while The Red Lion (01550 777357) at Llangadog also does great meals. For all you vegetarians, the Afon Duad Inn (01267 281357) in Cwmduad, offers a good vegetarian menu as well as a selection of sturdy Welsh meat dishes. The Black Lion (01545 561144) in New Quay was (amongst many, many others) a regular watering hole of Dylan Thomas. For a sunny-day treat, the award-winning Italian ice-cream at Conti's (01570 422223) in Lampeter has to be tasted. There's also a large Co-op supermarket within a 5 minute walk.
Site ReviewsAdd Your Review
Rated ★★★★★ over 1 reviews
Beautiful place and 5 star accommodation.
Erwlon is located at Brecon Road, Llandovery, Carmarthenshire SA20 0RD