Oak Yurt (4)
- Sleeps 5 (max 5 adults, 4 children)
- Cooking facilities
- Beds Provided
- Bed Linen Not Included
The Owner Says
Our Tipi and Yurts are set privately, with individual picnic bench and space for barbecuing. So if you want to spend some time with your family or friends on your own you can, and if you would like to socialise then there is a communal space with a fire pit and seating area under canvas.
Tipis aren’t as weatherproof as Yurts due to their structure therefore we usually recommend the Yurts rather than the Tipi for families especially with smaller children as the Yurts are less challenging in terms of rainy conditions and have advantage of a wood burning stove. Our Tipi is provided with rain catcher and external hood to minimise drips during rainy conditions. We’ll also show you on arrival how to operate Tipi smoke flaps for when you lighting the fire. This is quite simple operation and it adds that extra factor of adventure to your stay in a Tipi. Please take these factors under consideration when you’re making your choice of accommodation.
The Tipi and Yurts are furnished to create a nice, cosy space. This includes:
- Double bed, double futon and single futon
- Fairy lights
- Wind up lantern
- Chiminea in the Tipi and a wood-burning stoves in the Yurts
In each Yurt and Tipi there is a cooking space equipped as follows:
- Camping gas stove
- Set of pots
- Frying pan
- Sharp knife
- Tin opener
- Bottle opener
- 2 chopping boards
- Potato peeler
- Washing up bowl
- Water carrier
- Sweeping brush and shovel
- Cool box
- We will supply you with a basket of wood for your first night. Additional wood for the chiminea/wood burning stove and fire wood for the open fire you can buy on the site and also locally (Benllech Garage) or you can bring your own wood.
- Barbecue charcoal is also available on the site at reasonable prices.
- We can provide ice packs for the cool box and they can be swapped for fresh once at the cottage.
- Cots are available if required. Let us know if you need one when booking. We also have nappy changing table and baby bath in the shower and toilet block. The shower and toilet block also have electric sockets.
- Bench tables by each Tipi/Yurt.
- Recycling point with bins for plastic, paper, cans and glass.
- Eco friendly washing up liquid, soups and biodegradable loo paper.
- Two washing up sinks under cover and compost toilets in close proximity to tents. We also provide 2 flush toilets, 2 showers and 2 washing sinks, which are installed in wooden cabin, 150 m away from the site, near the car park.
- Several hammocks in the woodland, by the site.
- Car park. The Yurt and Tipi Site is a car-free zone and we provide a wheelbarrow to help you transport your things from the car park.
What you need to bring
- Your own bedding (warm sleeping bag or duvet, pillows, sheets)
- Good footwear i.e. wellies or walking boots
- Slippers or other easy to remove footwear for inside the Yurts/Tipi
Home grown produce
We have a flock of chickens and are growing a modest selection of vegetables which are available according to the season, so if you would like to enjoy free range eggs for your breakfast, cook your meal with home produced vegetables or take a veggie box home, we’ll let you know what’s available on arrival.
About Anglesey Tipi and Yurt Holidays
Suitable ForSolo travellers, couples, family groups – yes. Tents, campervans, dogs, caravans, big groups, young groups – no.
Follow the Isle of Anglesey Coastal Path to explore the stunning coastline, or hop on to a Puffin Island cruise (01248 810251) for a different perspective. Budding lepidopterists will enjoy the Pili Palas nature world (01248 712474), while thrill-seekers can scale new heights at the Beacon Climbing Centre (08454 508222), near Llanberis. Visit the art gallery (Oriel Kyffin Williams, Llangefni, 01248 724444) or village Beaumaris with its UNESCO medieval castle and Victorian pier. Italianate village Portmeirion, the famous block-colour set for The Prisoner TV series, is 45 mins away by car.
Food & Drink
The Menai Bridge is a fantastic hub for foodies; there are heaps of great local producers around, plus a monthly farmers’ market. Relax in Grade-II listed style at the Bull Hotel (01248 722119), which serves well-priced hearty mains. Frequent the superb Bay Cafe at Beach Road, Benllech (01248 852 700), for great sea views and excellent simple home-cooked food, including great puds for anyone with a sweet tooth.
Anglesey Tipi and Yurt Holidays is located at Cae’r Gseg, Brynteg, Anglesey LL78 8JT