Woodland Pod (2)
- Sleeps 4 (max 4 adults, 3 children)
- Cooking facilities
- Beds Provided
- Private Bathroom
- Bed Linen Not Included
- Private canopy at the front, housing a camping cooker and furniture
- Main living area with cosy double bed and kitchen area
- Small television fitted on the wall
The Owner Says
Our Wooden Pod is set back just inside the wood. It sleeps two people comfortably but will accommodate up to four.
It is fully insulated, cosy and comprises of…
- One main living area with double bed and under bed storage, kitchen area with sink, microwave, small fridge, pull out sofa to accommodate one adult or two children, coat hanging space and small wall mounted TV
- This property is equipped with its own cloakroom consisting of a wash basin, mirror and W.C. Campsite showers are a stones throw away
- A canopy at the front houses a camping cooker, furniture and storage box and a wooden larch canopy at the side with picnic bench gives more covered out door space. All pots and pans, crockery and cutlery is provided
- The Woodland Pod also has electricity and USB charger
- You have the choice to bring your own bedding and towels or hire a bedding/towel bundle (see extras below)
About Nettwood Country Breaks
Tents, caravans, campervans, family groups, well-behaved pets – yes.
Lots of lovely walks just across the road in East Harptree wood – head to the dragonfly-inhabited lake next to Smitham Chimney, a towering vestige of the woodlands lead and zinc mining heritage. Why not explore the forest on two wheels? The start point is 2 miles off Sustrans National Cycle Route 3 and you can hire bikes from Mendip Trail Bike Hire (07854 655212). The famous cave networks of Cheddar Gorge (01934 742343) and Wookey Hole (01749 672243) are both under 10 miles from the site. Walk the charming ancient cloisters of Wells Bishop's Palace Moat & Gardens (01749 671770) or connect with your inner hippy at Glastonbury Tor (01643 862452). The lovely seaside at Weston-super-Mare is a little over half an hour away while Longleat Safari Park (01985 844400) lies about 40 mins drive away and promises a great day out for young and old alike. Bath and Bristol are also just down the road. If you're visiting in August, you'll be lucky enough to see to see the Bristol International Balloon Fiesta overhead. Some have even been known to land at Nettwood!
Food & Drink
The Castle of Comfort Country House and Restaurant (01761 221321) serves up fantastically great value pub grub favourites (try one of their famous Somerset steaks). They also have a spacious beer garden with a children's play area. The Waldergrave Arms (01761 221429) is bursting with rural charm. This characterful old inn sits in the heart of the village. They even offer a takeaway service for Nettwood campers. Be sure to join in one of their frequent quiz nights to be in with a chance of winning big cash prizes! The village shop a mile and a half down the hill stocks all the basics. There's also a larger store in West Harptree that opens until 7pm.
Nettwood Country Breaks is located at Nettwood Farm, Smithams Hill, East Harptree, Somerset BS40 6DA
From the M4: Exit junction 18 to Bath on A46. Exit Bath on A39 West (you can bypass Bath on country lanes to Newton St Loe). A39 leads to A368 (sign posted Bishop Sutton/Weston Super Mare). Go through Bishop Sutton. On entering West Harptree, turn left to East Harptree. Then right turn into East Harptree. Drive straight across the staggered junction up the hill (1.6m). Head left up the long track. Nettwood Farm is on the right of the gravel track.
From M5 (from North): Exit junction 20 Clevedon. Left on to B3133 (sign posted Yatton/Congresbury). Follow to Congesbury, right at lights, left next set of lights (this is still the B3133). Head towards Langford. Right on to A38. Left at Churchill traffic lights A368 (sign posted Bath). Right on B3134 up Burrington Combe. Forward to the top of Mendips (via the old Roman road). Second left opposite Castle Of Comfort Pub. Down hill 1.1m on right (go through small bit of woodland). Nettwood Farm on right of gravel track.
From M5 (from South): Exit junction 22. Follow A38 then follow directions from Churchill traffic lights.
Nearest train stations are Bath Spa & Bristol Temple Meads.