- Sleeps 4 (max 4 adults, 3 children)
- Beds Provided
- Bed Linen Not Included
The Owner Says
- One car included in the price
- Four comfortable, wool-filled organic single mattresses that can be joined together to form doubles
- Bring your own bedding - and everything else you might need
- Fire pit at every pitch
- Tripod and grill for barbecuing over the fire
- Loos and solar powered showers in adjacent orchard
- Washing up sink
- Drinking water tap
- Freezer for ice blocks
- Farm produce and other essentials for sale
- Recycling facilities
- Separate parking area – no cars on the site
- Kindling, logs and local charcoal for sale
- Farm walk through our strip of woodland and into the fields
- Sorry – no dogs
- Sorry – no recorded music
About Haddon Copse Farm
Campers, glampers – yes. Caravans, campervans, motorhomes, dogs, noisy groups – no.
NearbyOn the doorstep, walking options allow you to discover a little more of the farm, following footpaths through the surrounding cow fields, sometimes accompanied by pigs and sheep. A short drive into the Dorset Downs provides further routes. Walk in the footsteps of Thomas Hardy and his characters or swim at various points along the River Stour, renowned for its clear, appealing waters. The Iron Age fort Hambledon Hill (01297 489481), is a few miles away with a steep 20 minute climb to the top. The slopes are trodden in interesting history but today it's a peaceful place, home to a nature reserve preserving the Adonis blue butterfly that flourishes on the chalkland downs. Sturminster Newton has a good collection of pubs and shops but travelling a little further to spots like Sherbourne and Shaftesbury is an excellent choice.
Food & Drink
The farm produces award-winning organic meat under a separate brand name, 'Angel Cottage Organics', which is available onsite during the camping season, along with their free range eggs. Order the night before and they'll be delivered to your tent along with local organic milk, freshly baked bread and organic butter. With advanced notice you can also ask for sausages, chicken, lamb and pork from the freezer.
Haddon Copse Farm is located at Haddon Copse Farm, Woodrow, Fifehead Neville, Dorset DT10 2AQ
Haddon Copse Farm is situated on the Sturminster Newton to Hazelbury Bryan road – do not take the fingerpost turning to Fifehead Neville but continue for 150 yards and you will see their wooden farm sign. At the top of the track, on the left, there is a car-parking area. Park here and use one of the barrows to take your belongings to one of the seven pitches marked in the field. No vehicles on the campsite field. Settle yourselves in and the owners will come and see you at some point.