Retreat Hut (8 at Haddon Copse Farm)
The Owner Says
- Please note the Retreat Hut is only available Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights for a minimum two night stay.
- Comfortable double sofa bed, made for your arrival with organic cotton bedding
- Kettle, cups, coffee and tea for your morning cuppa
- Electric cold box
- Outdoor campers’ kitchen with two ring gas stove, cutlery, crockery, pans for al fresco cooking.
- Fire bowl with tripod and grill
- Loos and solar powered showers just a few yards away (shared with campsite during summer holidays)
- Cotton towels provided
- Milk, bread, butter, eggs & local jam or marmalade for your first day’s breakfast
- Washing up sink
- Farm produce and other essentials for sale
- Recycling facilities
- Separate parking area
- Kindling, logs and local charcoal for sale
- Farm walk through our strip of woodland and into the fields
Our Coronavirus Booking Guarantee
Book with complete confidence at Haddon Copse Farm with the Cool Camping Coronavirus Booking Guarantee. We guarantee the following clear policy for your booking:
- A low deposit of 30% to secure your booking
- Balance due 30 days before your holiday
- Complete flexibility to move bookings up to the end of 2021 in the event of Coronavirus restrictions
- Due to the flexibility provided we are unable to offer refunds
- This guarantee supersedes any other policies
About Haddon Copse Farm
Campers, glampers – yes. Caravans, campervans, motorhomes, dogs, noisy groups – no.
NearbyOn the doorstep, walking options allow you to discover a little more of the farm, following footpaths through the surrounding cow fields, sometimes accompanied by pigs and sheep. A short drive into the Dorset Downs provides further routes. Walk in the footsteps of Thomas Hardy and his characters or swim at various points along the River Stour, renowned for its clear, appealing waters. The Iron Age fort Hambledon Hill (01297 489481), is a few miles away with a steep 20 minute climb to the top. The slopes are trodden in interesting history but today it's a peaceful place, home to a nature reserve preserving the Adonis blue butterfly that flourishes on the chalkland downs. Sturminster Newton has a good collection of pubs and shops but travelling a little further to spots like Sherbourne and Shaftesbury is an excellent choice.
Food & Drink
The farm produces award-winning organic meat under a separate brand name, 'Angel Cottage Organics', which is available onsite during the camping season, along with their free range eggs. Order the night before and they'll be delivered to your tent along with local organic milk, freshly baked bread and organic butter. With advanced notice you can also ask for sausages, chicken, lamb and pork from the freezer. For a good pub, try The Antelope Inn (01258 817295; 1 mile) The Green Man (01258 920022; 2½ miles) or The Ibberton (01258 817956; 4 miles).
Site ReviewsAdd Your Review
Rated ★★★★★ over 18 reviews
Beautiful first weekend away in 2021!
First weekend away 2021
Socially distanced camping
Beautiful camping experience
Amazing Bell Tent!
Haddon Copse Farm is located at Haddon Copse Farm, Woodrow, Fifehead Neville, Dorset DT10 2AQ
Haddon Copse Farm is situated on the Sturminster Newton to Hazelbury Bryan road – do not take the fingerpost turning to Fifehead Neville but continue for 150 yards and you will see their wooden farm sign. At the top of the track, on the left, there is a car-parking area. Park here and use one of the barrows to take your belongings to one of the seven pitches marked in the field. No vehicles on the campsite field. Settle yourselves in and the owners will come and see you at some point.