The Lily Pad -Emperor Bell Tent next to lake (56 at Pleasant Streams Farm Camping)
The Owner Says
If you want the experience of real camping - sleeping under canvas, cooking outside under the trees, star gazing around a campfire, and waking up surrounded by nature - but with the luxury of a real proper bed and without having to lug everything with you, then our boutique bell tents are for you.
Our five private and luxury bell tents have their own large private pitches, tucked away in quite corners of our wild and natural campsite in the Cornish countryside.
Lilly comes fully equipped for a family of four, with its own a campfire area and cooking facilities. Lily is located on a large, flat, and sunny private pitch, surrounded by trees and overlooking a small lake.
- King sized bed with sprung mattress
- Single day bed - used as a sofa and/or a single bed
- Single pull out bed
- All beds come made up with warm luxury bedding
- Coffee table
- 2 poof seats
- 2 lanterns
- Solar fairy lights
- An outdoor kitchen in the trees, covered with a tarpaulin in case it rains. The outdoor kitchen is a new Vango camp cuisine kitchen and a set of pine shelves, and comes with a 2 ring camping gas stove, gas supply, all cooking equipment, crockery and cutlery for four, a large water container, cool box, and washing up equipment.
- A tripod BBQ (please bring your own charcoal)
- An outdoor table and seating for four people
- A fire ring (logs can be purchased on site for £5 a bag or you can bring your own)
- The tent is fully equipped for 4 but it could fit 1 more guest but you must bring your own cot/bed and all equipment for them. Please note any additional guests over 4 will be charged at the campsite's usual rates (£3 per child 4-14, £4 per adult)
- The price includes parking for 1 car, additional cars will be charged at the campsite's usual rates (£5 per additional car)
- You can pitch one additional small pop up tent or a gazebo at Lily for no additional charge. Larger or additional tents or extras will be charged at the usual rates. The pitch space is large, so if you do want to come as a group there is space for one or two more family tents. Please contact us to discuss and agree.
- No shoes in the tent
- No smoking in the tent
- Damages must be paid for
- We love a good sing along around the campfire but please be respectful of other guests. An acoustic guitar is fine but no loud music and keep the noise down after 10pm please.
Guests at Lily can access and use all the main campsite facilities. There are two basic wooden toilet and shower blocks on the campsite. The closest to Lilly are just around the corner, and have 3 compost toilets, a small sink for hand washing, 2 gas powered showers, and a drinking water tap. There is a second set of toilet/shower facilities with flushing loos and sinks a little further away in the main camping field. Please note there is no pot washing facilities on the site and instead guest are provided with washing up bowls and can collect water for washing up from the main tap. Lily is off grid so no power but guests can charge devices at the farm house for a small fee. Please note there is no wifi at the campsite and we're in a dip in rural Cornwall so mobile phone 4G reception and signal is not great.
On the campsite there are 2 small lakes with free to use rowing boats.The lakes are filled with fish and plenty of wildlife, and children have hours of fun playing on the boats and catching tiddlers in nets. There are some pretty gardens, more rope swings, a small wood, and plenty of wildlife to see. We also have some pet farm animals, including Rosie and Bluebell goats who stay near to Billy during the day in their grass pen, chickens, ducks, and a grumpy old pig (Del Boy trotter). Our site is all about getting back to nature and experiencing real camping, there's no clubhouse, no set pitches and no road noise, just fields, streams and wildlife.
1 week minimum bookings in peak season and 3 nights minimum in low and mid season.
Our Coronavirus Booking Guarantee
Book with complete confidence at Pleasant Streams Farm Camping with the Cool Camping Coronavirus Booking Guarantee. We guarantee the following clear policy for your booking:
- A low deposit of 30% to secure your booking
- Balance not due until 30 days before your holiday, in case of late changes to Coronavirus guidance
- Complete flexibility to move bookings up to the end of 2021 in the event of Coronavirus restrictions
- In the event of a lack of 2021 availability, switch your dates to 2022
- Due to low deposit and late balance payment, no refunds are offered
About Pleasant Streams Farm Camping
Tents, campervans, caravans, groups, glampers – yes. Dogs – no.
Explore the coast by kayak (on hire from the campsite for £25 per day), or freewheel along the Pentewan Valley Trail with Pentewan Valley Cycle Hire (01726 844242). The Lost Gardens of Heligan (01726 845100) is four miles away and The Eden Project (01726 811911) is about eight miles. The fishing village of Mevagissey and historic port of Charlestown are a short drive, both well worth a visit, with shops, cafes and restaurants to explore.
Food & Drink
You can buy fresh eggs on site (if the ladies are laying) but if you don’t fancy cooking yourself, it’s a five-minute walk to Griggs Farm Restaurant which is especially good for breakfasts. It’s a 15-minute stroll to the Hewas Inn (01726 73497), which serves a traditional pub menu and a selection of good ales from St Austell Ales. The Polgooth Inn (01726 74089) – a five-minute drive away – offers a more contemporary choice, and an impressive range of cask ales. There’s a small shop in the village for supplies but for a bigger range of shops, as well as the St Austell Brewery, head for the town of the same name, five miles away.
Site ReviewsAdd Your Review
Rated ★★★★★ over 73 reviews
Beautiful setting, basic facilities
Campsite has potential but toilets/showers need cleaning
Really lovely site
Pleasant Streams Farm Camping is located at Pleasant Stream Barn, Lower Sticker, St Austell, Cornwall PL26 7JL