BYO Camping Pitch For 1 Tent
- Sleeps 8 (max 8 adults, 7 children)
The Owner Says
Maximum Tent dimensions = 8 meters long x 4 meters wide.
Facilities (all onsite purchases are cash only).
- Washing up area.
- Parking next to tents.
- Level camping area.
- General and recycling waste bins.
- Cooking Gas Cartridges for Pre-erected tents £2.00 each.
- Fire pit hire (£3 per night – minimum hire 2 nights).
- Fire wood packs (payable locally).
- Mobile phone charging station (payable locally).
- Icepack hire (payable locally).
- Morning reception 08.00 to 10.30.
- Evening reception 16.30 to 20.00.
- Under 2 years old goes free
- All names and ages needed for fire regulations
About Lepe Beach Campsite
Suitable ForTents only, families, friends, couples, solo campers – yes. Caravans, campervans, motorhomes, twin axle vehicles, large single-sex groups, dogs – no.
NearbyJust the other side of the hedge/fence, Lepe Country Park has a children's play area and there is a picnic space with tables – a nice spot to enjoy the view if you're lunching at the campsite. It's a 150-yard stroll down to sandy Lepe Beach, while, 100 yards in the opposite direction there is also a nature reserve. Venture inland to chug on a steam train through the vibrant colours of Exbury Gardens (023 8089 1203; see also Food & Drink) or a little further to the renowned ship building village of Bucklers Hard, now a popular tourist stop. It's 7 miles to Beaulieu, home to the National Motor Museum (01590 612345) but also a lovely village to explore in its own right. Families can also take refuge in Paultons Park (023 8081 4442) – a theme park (home to Peppa Pig World) 25 minute's away.
Food & DrinkIt's 2 miles to Langley where there is a small supermarket, pubs, takeaway food and a cash-point (only cash is accepted for most things at the campsite). For a daytime treat, though, drive the 3 miles to Exbury Gardens (023 8089 1203) – expansive woodland gardens with abundant rhododendrons and azaleas plus steam train rides in high season – where Mr Eddie's Tea Rooms (023 8089 8737) offers tasty cakes and treats.
Lepe Beach Campsite is located at Lepe Beach Campsite, Lepe Road, Southampton, Hampshire SO45 1AD