Grass Pitch (with optional electric hook-up)
- Sleeps 6 (max 6 adults, 5 children)
The Owner Says
The Campsite is divided into 2 fields, which are both approximately 2 acres in size. The Meadow Field has some mature tree screening, and is divided by the meadow flowers and grasses which grow there. It is a more secluded camping area, with views towards Skiddaw, Barrow and the Helvellyn range.
The Open Field has been altered this winter. It is still 'Open', with views towards Catbells, Skiddaw and Lord's Seat, but we have put a fence across it to divide the caravan pitches from the grass pitches for tents. We have planted a native species mixed hedgerow along this fence. The 'new' field at the top of the Open Field is a good size, and is perfect for camping. This 'new' camping field has been very well recieved this year, and the hedgerow is beginning to grow.Facilities & Features
- Toilets freshly decorated
- Showers with underfloor heating
- Washing-up sinks in a warm room
- Electricity hook up points for both caravans & tents
- Information Room with local maps and leaflets
- Drying Room for after those wet days on the fells
- Small Shop where we sell all the breakfast essentials sourced from local suppliers as well as marshmallows for the campfires!
Our Coronavirus Booking Guarantee
Book with complete confidence at Lanefoot Farm with the Cool Camping Coronavirus Booking Guarantee. We guarantee the following clear policy for your booking:
- A low deposit of 20% to secure your booking
- Balance due 10 days before your holiday
- Complete flexibility to move bookings for up to 18 months in the event of Coronavirus restrictions
- Due to the flexibility provided we are unable to offer refunds
- This guarantee supersedes any other policies
About Lanefoot Farm
Suitable ForTents, campervans, caravans, dogs (on leads), family groups, young groups (activities) – yes.
Walks include popular local routes up Grizedale Pike and Skiddaw, while there’s mountain bike rental and world-class trails at Whinlatter Forest (01768 778469).
Food & Drink
Try a mini pub/hotel crawl in Braithwaite village: the Royal Oak (01768 778533), Coledale Inn (01768 778272), and Middle Ruddings (01768 778436). There’s also the General Store for basics, organics, and local beers. If you scrub up nicely enough, there’s classy dining not far from the site at the Pheasant Inn (01768 776234).
Lanefoot Farm is located at Lanefoot Farm, Thornthwaite, Keswick, Cumbria CA12 5RZ