Upper Meadow tent pitch (vehicle free) (12 at Whitlingham Broad Campsite)
The Owner Says
Large 10 x 7 simple grassy camping pitch (non electric) for one tent no parking at pitch - choose your perfect pitch afer check in .
Pitch with ease in our lovely tree lined upper field, without your vehicle - perfect to enjoy the fresh air and peace!
Each pitch accommodates 1 tent and includes 1 car permit, car parking is just a few metres away from the field in our car park, pitches are just a hop skip and jump away and we have plenty of wheelbarrows availible to help transport your kit
Camping with friends? our upper field is perfect for pitching as a group, (please contact us for advise before booking)
Things you need to know...
- Massive 7m x 10m grassy pitches, car free!
- Relaxed countryside camping within a stunning country park, with historic Norwich on your doorstep and the broads in your back garden
- Large, family friendly washrooms with toilets, showers and outside wash-up area
- Sturdy BBQ’s & fire pits welcome at all pitches –(disposable BBQ's are not allowed at all). we also rent fire pits on site and sell fuel
- Campsite shop selling local snacks, phone charging & freezer block rental (small fee applies)
- Dog friendly site , add your pooch to you booking at the extras page
- Each tent pitch includes a parking permit for one car, to be parked in our car park (additional cars are charged at £5.50 per day - parking enforcement on site, cars MUST be registered at reception on arrival)
- Weather proof camping – loads to do come rain or shine!
Even more info…..
Our camping pitches are spread over two meadows; the Upper (car free) and Lower (with parking) meadows Both fields are situated just a few seconds walk from Whitlingham Broad and cafe and all the walks, activities and peaceful hideaways of the Country Park.
The Upper Field is a car free haven, allowing more freedom to pitch, and ideal if you are camping with friends. Parking is just a few metres from the pitches and wheel barrows are available to help move stuff from your car to your perfect spot in the grass.
The Lower Field offers, flat pitches and partly sits in the shade of a historic lime Tree Avenue This field can accommodate tents, campervans/small motorhomes, and trailers tents (by prior arrangement) sorry, no caravans. For those who prefer to have their car next to their tent (a handy haven if your tent mate is a snorer!) pitches on the lower field can accommodate one car. Please select which meadow upon booking
All additional cars and all campers on the Upper Field must park in our car park.
Please see our website for more details
Our Coronavirus Booking Guarantee
Book with complete confidence at Whitlingham Broad Campsite with the Cool Camping Coronavirus Booking Guarantee. We guarantee the following clear policy for your booking:
- A low deposit of 30% to secure your booking
- Balance not due until 30 days before your holiday, in case of late changes to Coronavirus guidance
- Complete flexibility to move bookings up to the end of 2021 in the event of Coronavirus restrictions
- In the event of a lack of 2021 availability, switch your dates to 2022
- Due to low deposit and late balance payment, no refunds are offered
About Whitlingham Broad Campsite
Tents, campervans, dogs – yes. Noisy groups, caravans – no.
The neighbouring Outdoor Education Centre offers plenty of broad-based aquatic activities including canoeing, dragon boat hire, sailing, windsurfing. The site is right on the Wherryman's Man and national Cycle Route One path. Norwich has attractions galore as well plenty of places to eat and drink.
Food & Drink
There’s a café inside the Whitlingham Broad Visitor Centre (01603 617332) and there’s a good vegan restaurant, River Green Café (01603 622448), at the entrance to Whitlingham Lane. Norwich is a treasure trove for small bars and cafés. We particularly recommend Frank’s Bar (01603 618902) for relaxed Mediterranean-accented dining, Wild Thyme (01603 765562) for vegetarian food and St Andrews Brew House (01603 305995) for a pint.
Site ReviewsAdd Your Review
Rated ★★★★★ over 118 reviews
Love it here
Good location, but doesn't cater for vans
Excellent bank holiday getaway
Whitlingham Broad Campsite is located at Whitlingham Lane, Norwich, Norfolk NR14 8TR
From A47 (Norwich Southern Bypass) exit signposted Norwich, Lowestoft, Trowse A146. At traffic lights at bottom of slip road turn left and at the end of dual carriageway get in the right hand lane. From here on in follow brown signs to Ski Club and Country Park - this will mean a right turn at the roundabout, over the rail bridge and a left into Whitlingham Lane. Come down into the country park and we are on the right just after the Visitor centre
If you are following Sat Nav postcode is NR14 8TR - Whiltingham Lane TROWSE
Norwich train station is approx 35 mins walk (two-and-a-half miles away). Book a ticket in advance and you can travel from London for as little at £8.