Upper Field tent pitch (car free) (11 at Whitlingham Broad Campsite)
The Owner Says
Large 10 x 7 simple grassy camping pitch (non electric) for one tent no parking at pitch - choose your perfect pitch afer check in .
Pitch with ease in our lovely tree lined upper field, without your vehicle - perfect to enjoy the fresh air and peace!
Each pitch accommodates 1 tent and includes 1 car permit, car parking is just a few metres away from the field in our car park, there is a an acess track to drop kit off and plenty of wheelbarrows availible
Camping with friends? our upper field is perfect for pitching as a group, please book multiple pitches together by clicking the ‘book several units’ button as you go through the booking process - contact up for advise before booking
Things you need to know...
- Massive 7m x 10m grassy pitches, car free!
- Relaxed countryside camping within a stunning country park, with historic Norwich on your doorstep and the broads in your back garden
- Large, family friendly washrooms with toilets, showers and outside wash-up area
- Sturdy BBQ’s & fire pits welcome at all pitches –(disposable BBQ's are not allowed at all). we also rent fire pits on site and sell fuel
- Campsite shop selling local snacks, phone charging & freezer block rental (small fee applies)
- Dog friendly site , add your pooch to you booking at the extras page
- Each tent pitch includes a parking permit for one car, to be parked in our car park (additional cars are charged at £5.50 per day - parking enforcement on site, cars MUST be registered at reception on arrival)
- Weather proof camping – loads to do come rain or shine!
Even more info…..
Our camping pitches are spread over two fields; the Upper and Lower Fields. Both fields are situated just a few seconds walk from Whitlingham Broad and cafe and all the walks, activities and peaceful hideaways of the Country Park.
The Upper Field is a car free haven, allowing more freedom to pitch, and ideal if you are camping with friends. Parking is just a few metres from the pitches and wheel barrows are available to help move stuff from your car to your perfect spot in the grass.
The Lower Field offers, flat pitches and partly sits in the shade of a historic lime Tree Avenue This field can accommodate tents, campervans/small motorhomes, and trailers tents (by prior arrangement) sorry, no caravans. For those who prefer to have their car next to their tent (a handy haven if your tent mate is a snorer!) pitches on the lower field can accommodate one car.
All additional cars and all campers on the Upper Field must park in our car park.
Please see our website for more details
Our Coronavirus Booking Guarantee
Book with complete confidence at Whitlingham Broad Campsite with the Cool Camping Coronavirus Booking Guarantee. We guarantee the following clear policy for your booking:
- A low deposit of 30% to secure your booking
- Balance due 30 days before your holiday
- Complete flexibility to move bookings up to the end of 2021 in the event of Coronavirus restrictions
- Due to the flexibility provided we are unable to offer refunds
- This guarantee supersedes any other policies
About Whitlingham Broad Campsite
The neighbouring Outdoor Education Centre offers plenty of broad-based aquatic activities including canoeing, dragon boat hire, sailing, windsurfing. The site is right on the Wherryman's Man and national Cycle Route One path. Norwich has attractions galore as well plenty of places to eat and drink.
Food & Drink
There’s a café inside the Whitlingham Broad Visitor Centre (01603 617332) and there’s a good vegan restaurant, River Green Café (01603 622448), at the entrance to Whitlingham Lane. Norwich is a treasure trove for small bars and cafés. We particularly recommend Frank’s Bar (01603 618902) for relaxed Mediterranean-accented dining, Wild Thyme (01603 765562) for vegetarian food and St Andrews Brew House (01603 305995) for a pint.
Site ReviewsAdd Your Review
Rated ★★★★★ over 77 reviews
A lovely week away
Response from Whitlingham Broad Campsite
Great site and facilities but Covid-19 guidelines not followed
Response from Whitlingham Broad Campsite
Lovely, super clean facilities, great playground, noisy location though, COVID affects activities nearby
Great glamping experience
Whitlingham Broad Campsite is located at Whitlingham Lane, Norwich, Norfolk NR14 8TR
From A47 (Norwich Southern Bypass) exit signposted Norwich, Lowestoft, Trowse A146. At traffic lights at bottom of slip road turn left and at the end of dual carriageway get in the right hand lane. From here on in follow brown signs to Ski Club and Country Park - this will mean a right turn at the roundabout, over the rail bridge and a left into Whitlingham Lane. Come down into the country park and we are on the right just after the Visitor centre
If you are following Sat Nav postcode is NR14 8TR - Whiltingham Lane TROWSE
Norwich train station is approx 35 mins walk (2.5 miles away). Book a ticket in advance and you can travel from London for as little at £8.