'Flint' the woodland den (0 at Whitlingham Broad Campsite)
The Owner Says
*All information and images are to be updated in Spring 2021 when the cabins will be ready for guests*
Brand new for 2021, our bespoke designed woodland cabins are nestled in the wooded valley side of our campsite, raised up from the forest floor offering wonderful open views across the camping meadows down to the broad at the front, and historic, private woodland on the other 3 sides.
Our cabins are cleverly built into the sloping ground, enter at ground level to be raised at the front to sleep in the woodland canopy, watch the squirrels scamper and hear the birds sing as you snuggle in with your loved ones around the cosy log burner, or chill on our large hammock slung inside high above the living area. Inside, the quirky design and high specification add a touch of luxury. Each cabin has its own balcony, decking area and private woodland glade complete with firepit, BBQ, seating and hammocks. you can simply relax and enjoy being immersed in the woodland.
Beyond the branches, the fine city of Norwich is on your doorstep (15 minutes along National Cycle Route 1, with bike hire available), the Broads will be your back garden and, of course, there’s 80 acres of Country Park to explore with woods, broads, rivers, meadows, an outdoor activity centre and play areas (including a play area reserved only for our guests).
.The cabins include:
· Bedding & towels for 4 persons
· Shower room with toilet and washbasin – towels provided
· Fully equipped kitchen (four induction hobs, fridge with freezer compartment, cooker prep area, pans, utensils & crockery) and dining area
· 1 x king sized bed on mezzanine floor, 2 x ‘pull out’ single beds (both a full size single) – all bedding provided.
· Woodburner and generous basket of logs (additional logs can be purchased from our reception)
· · No wifi but excellent 4G & good 5G phone signal (network dependant)
· Covered balcony, private decking area and woodland glade with seating, hammocks, BBQ and firepit
Our Coronavirus Booking Guarantee
Book with complete confidence at Whitlingham Broad Campsite with the Cool Camping Coronavirus Booking Guarantee. We guarantee the following clear policy for your booking:
- A low deposit of 30% to secure your booking
- Balance due 30 days before your holiday
- Complete flexibility to move bookings up to the end of 2021 in the event of Coronavirus restrictions
- Due to the flexibility provided we are unable to offer refunds
- This guarantee supersedes any other policies
About Whitlingham Broad Campsite
The neighbouring Outdoor Education Centre offers plenty of broad-based aquatic activities including canoeing, dragon boat hire, sailing, windsurfing. The site is right on the Wherryman's Man and national Cycle Route One path. Norwich has attractions galore as well plenty of places to eat and drink.
Food & Drink
There’s a café inside the Whitlingham Broad Visitor Centre (01603 617332) and there’s a good vegan restaurant, River Green Café (01603 622448), at the entrance to Whitlingham Lane. Norwich is a treasure trove for small bars and cafés. We particularly recommend Frank’s Bar (01603 618902) for relaxed Mediterranean-accented dining, Wild Thyme (01603 765562) for vegetarian food and St Andrews Brew House (01603 305995) for a pint.
Site ReviewsAdd Your Review
Rated ★★★★★ over 77 reviews
A lovely week away
Response from Whitlingham Broad Campsite
Great site and facilities but Covid-19 guidelines not followed
Response from Whitlingham Broad Campsite
Lovely, super clean facilities, great playground, noisy location though, COVID affects activities nearby
Great glamping experience
Whitlingham Broad Campsite is located at Whitlingham Lane, Norwich, Norfolk NR14 8TR
From A47 (Norwich Southern Bypass) exit signposted Norwich, Lowestoft, Trowse A146. At traffic lights at bottom of slip road turn left and at the end of dual carriageway get in the right hand lane. From here on in follow brown signs to Ski Club and Country Park - this will mean a right turn at the roundabout, over the rail bridge and a left into Whitlingham Lane. Come down into the country park and we are on the right just after the Visitor centre
If you are following Sat Nav postcode is NR14 8TR - Whiltingham Lane TROWSE
Norwich train station is approx 35 mins walk (2.5 miles away). Book a ticket in advance and you can travel from London for as little at £8.