Berney - converted Railway Carriage (3 at Whitlingham Broad Campsite)
The Owner Says
*BRAND NEW ON SITE*
New for 2021 is our second wonderfully converted railway carriage – once used to transport livestock, the carriage has been lovingly converted by ourselvess and our wonderful friend and expert fixer and maker Tom – handcrafted right here on the campsite
Our carriage sits proud just above the camping field, with its own private decking area, complete with a bbq/ fire pit: perfect for enjoying sunset views over the Lyme tree avenue and campsite.
It comfortably sleeps a family of 4 with 1 double bed raised up, and 1 cosy double bed tucked underneath . The carriage has mains electricity/ water and a kitchen area – comprising, kettle, hob, fridge and all the kit for a family cook up. Just arrive with your clothes, a good book and a spring in your step
On cooler evenings snuggle up by the log burning stove, on sunny days throw open the doors and bring the outside in, or dine al fresco or chill in te hammock
What you need to know:
· Sleeps upto 4 people – in 2 double bed - proved with all bed linen
· Kitchen area with running water, sink, induction hob, stove top kettle, pots, pans and crockery provided (full kit list availible on our website)
stowaway table inside, and a dunky cable reel table outside
· Log burning stove with 1 basket of logs and kindling etc provided (extra available on site)
· Electric provided, electric lighting
· Use of main campsite toilet/shower facilities – approx. 10 second walk!
· Firepit/ bbq provided outside
Please note this accomdation is intended for use by the occupants only with a maximum of 4 people and not to be shared with campers/others on site
For more information before booking drop us a line.
Our Coronavirus Booking Guarantee
Book with complete confidence at Whitlingham Broad Campsite with the Cool Camping Coronavirus Booking Guarantee. We guarantee the following clear policy for your booking:
- A low deposit of 30% to secure your booking
- Balance not due until 30 days before your holiday, in case of late changes to Coronavirus guidance
- Complete flexibility to move bookings up to the end of 2021 in the event of Coronavirus restrictions
- In the event of a lack of 2021 availability, switch your dates to 2022
- Due to low deposit and late balance payment, no refunds are offered
About Whitlingham Broad Campsite
Tents, campervans, dogs – yes. Noisy groups, caravans – no.
The neighbouring Outdoor Education Centre offers plenty of broad-based aquatic activities including canoeing, dragon boat hire, sailing, windsurfing. The site is right on the Wherryman's Man and national Cycle Route One path. Norwich has attractions galore as well plenty of places to eat and drink.
Food & Drink
There’s a café inside the Whitlingham Broad Visitor Centre (01603 617332) and there’s a good vegan restaurant, River Green Café (01603 622448), at the entrance to Whitlingham Lane. Norwich is a treasure trove for small bars and cafés. We particularly recommend Frank’s Bar (01603 618902) for relaxed Mediterranean-accented dining, Wild Thyme (01603 765562) for vegetarian food and St Andrews Brew House (01603 305995) for a pint.
Site ReviewsAdd Your Review
Rated ★★★★★ over 118 reviews
Love it here
Good location, but doesn't cater for vans
Excellent bank holiday getaway
Whitlingham Broad Campsite is located at Whitlingham Lane, Norwich, Norfolk NR14 8TR
From A47 (Norwich Southern Bypass) exit signposted Norwich, Lowestoft, Trowse A146. At traffic lights at bottom of slip road turn left and at the end of dual carriageway get in the right hand lane. From here on in follow brown signs to Ski Club and Country Park - this will mean a right turn at the roundabout, over the rail bridge and a left into Whitlingham Lane. Come down into the country park and we are on the right just after the Visitor centre
If you are following Sat Nav postcode is NR14 8TR - Whiltingham Lane TROWSE
Norwich train station is approx 35 mins walk (two-and-a-half miles away). Book a ticket in advance and you can travel from London for as little at £8.