Ronnie - converted Railway Carriage (2)
- Sleeps 4 (max 4 adults, 3 children)
- Cooking facilities
- Bed Linen Provided
- Pet Friendly
The Owner Says
*BRAND NEW ON SITE* images will be updated very soon when the finishing touches have been made
New this Season is our wonderfully converted railway carriage – once used to transport livestock, the carriage has been lovingly converted by our wonderful friends at Roundcraft – handcrafted right here on the campsite
Our carriage sits proud just above the camping field, with its own private decking area, complete with a bbq and fire pit: perfect for enjoying sunset views over the Lyme tree avenue and campsite.
It comfortably sleeps a family of 4 with 1 kingsize bed and 2 x quirky single (child size) nook beds. The carriage has mains electricity/ water and a kitchen area – comprising, kettle, hob, fridge and all the kit for a family cook up. Just arrive with youur clothes, a good book and a spring in your step
On cooler evenings snuggle up by the log burning stove (coming soon - sept 2019!), on sunny days throw open the doors and bring the outside in, or dine al fresco
What you need to know:
· Sleeps upto 4 people – 1 double bed and 2 quirky single nook beds – bed linen provided
· Kitchen area with running water, sink, induction hob, stove top kettle, pots, pans and crockery provided (full kit list availible on our website)
· Log burning stove with 1 basket of logs and kindling etc provided (extra available on site)
· Electric provided, electric lighting
· Use of main campsite toilet/shower facilities – approx. 10 second walk!
· Firepit and charcoal bbq for your use outside
For more infomation before booking drop us a line. We cannot wait to share picture of this beautiful accomodation with you
Our Coronavirus Booking Guarantee
Book with complete confidence at Whitlingham Broad Campsite with the Cool Camping Coronavirus Booking Guarantee. We guarantee the following clear policy for your booking:
- A low deposit of 20% to secure your booking
- Balance due 10 days before your holiday
- Complete flexibility to move bookings for up to 18 months in the event of Coronavirus restrictions
- Due to the flexibility provided we are unable to offer refunds
- This guarantee supersedes any other policies
About Whitlingham Broad Campsite
The neighbouring Outdoor Education Centre offers plenty of broad-based aquatic activities including canoeing, dragon boat hire, sailing, windsurfing. The site is right on the Wherryman's Man and national Cycle Route One path. Norwich has attractions galore as well plenty of places to eat and drink.
Food & Drink
There’s a café inside the Whitlingham Broad Visitor Centre (01603 617332) and there’s a good vegan restaurant, River Green Café (01603 622448), at the entrance to Whitlingham Lane. Norwich is a treasure trove for small bars and cafés. We particularly recommend Frank’s Bar (01603 618902) for relaxed Mediterranean-accented dining, Wild Thyme (01603 765562) for vegetarian food and St Andrews Brew House (01603 305995) for a pint.
Whitlingham Broad Campsite is located at Whitlingham Lane, Norwich, Norfolk NR14 8TR
From A47 (Norwich Southern Bypass) exit signposted Norwich, Lowestoft, Trowse A146. At traffic lights at bottom of slip road turn left and at the end of dual carriageway get in the right hand lane. From here on in follow brown signs to Ski Club and Country Park - this will mean a right turn at the roundabout, over the rail bridge and a left into Whitlingham Lane. Come down into the country park and we are on the right just after the Visitor centre
If you are following Sat Nav postcode is NR14 8TR - Whiltingham Lane TROWSE
Norwich train station is approx 35 mins walk (2.5 miles away). Book a ticket in advance and you can travel from London for as little at £8.