'Lola' Shepherds hut
- Sleeps 3 (max 3 adults, 2 children)
- Cooking facilities
- Beds Provided
- Bed Linen Provided
- Pet Friendly
- Fully insulated with a wood-burning stove (logs provided) for year-round glamping
- Double bed with bedding provided
- Sheltered outdoor cooking area including a BBQ/firepit
The Owner Says
Our Shepherds hut was lovingly handcrafted right here in Norfolk by our friends at the English Shepherds Hut Company, It are based on a traditional Shepherds hut design and comes furnished with beautiful boutique fittings.
The Shepherds hut 'Lola' is just waiting for you to move in, bedding is provided, with 1 full size single and 1 full size double bed . Lola can comfortably accommodate 3 people and is the perfect romantic or family retreat. Our Shepherds Hut is cool in the summer and cosy in the winter, with a log burning stove and sheeps wool insulation - The hut is available to book all year round.
Things you need to know:
- This hut features one double and one single bed
- The Hut has a wood-burning stove for warming tea and toes, are fully insulated and have double glazed windows
- Plenty of outside space, with a picnic bench for cooking and dining
- A BBQ/fire pit for is provided outdoor cooking, marshmallow toasting and, of course, huddling around
- Double doors, for letting the outside in. Fully lockable for extra security
- The beds are fully made up with duvets, pillows and throws
- Included is kindling & one basket of firewood for you to use on the log burner or outside (BBQ charcoal available from reception if required)
- Need more space? There's enough space for you to pitch a tent also (camping fees apply)
- Check in is normally time from 2pm - 8pm, check out by 11am - check your booking info and try to arrive in daylight to see your hut in its full splendor
- There is 1 car parking space which is just behind the hut. Additional spaces are charged at £5.50 per day.
- Lola is also dog friendly - dogs charged at £3.50 per night, well behaved pooches only (max 1 dog or 2 very small dogs)
What you need to bring: Crockery, utensils and other cooking essentials, A gas camping stove if you don't want to use the BBQ (outside use only), Your weekend kit for adventuring- sturdy shoes, sunglasses and a good book!
About Whitlingham Broad Campsite
The neighbouring Outdoor Education Centre offers plenty of broad-based aquatic activities including canoeing, dragon boat hire, sailing, windsurfing. The site is right on the Wherryman's Man and national Cycle Route One path. Norwich has attractions galore as well plenty of places to eat and drink.
Food & Drink
There’s a café inside the Whitlingham Broad Visitor Centre (01603 617332) and there’s a good vegan restaurant, River Green Café (01603 622448), at the entrance to Whitlingham Lane. Norwich is a treasure trove for small bars and cafés. We particularly recommend Frank’s Bar (01603 618902) for relaxed Mediterranean-accented dining, Wild Thyme (01603 765562) for vegetarian food and St Andrews Brew House (01603 305995) for a pint.
Whitlingham Broad Campsite is located at Whitlingham Lane, Norwich, Norfolk NR14 8TR
From A47 (Norwich Southern Bypass) exit signposted Norwich, Lowestoft, Trowse A146. At traffic lights at bottom of slip road turn left and at the end of dual carriageway get in the right hand lane. From here on in follow brown signs to Ski Club and Country Park - this will mean a right turn at the roundabout, over the rail bridge and a left into Whitlingham Lane. Come down into the country park and we are on the right just after the Visitor centre
If you are following Sat Nav postcode is NR14 8TR - Whiltingham Lane TROWSE
Norwich train station is approx 35 mins walk (2.5 miles away). Book a ticket in advance and you can travel from London for as little at £8.