- Sleeps 6 (max 6 adults, 6 children)
The Owner Says
- Spacious pitches for tents (sorry! no caravans or campers)
- Peace and quiet
- Toilets and showers, free to use, with hot water and no annoying push-button taps
- Outdoor washing up sinks
- Braziers for your campfire, cooking, with plenty of wood available to purchase
- On tap drinking water
- Rubbish bins for recycling and general waste
- Pet-friendly (we welcome dogs provided they are kept on a lead within the campsite)
- Numerous cycle and footpaths
- Great pubs within walking distance
About Hickling Campsite
Tents, dogs (on a lead) – yes. Campervans, caravans, motorhomes – no.
Walk the few hundred metres to Hickling Broad, the largest of the Norfolk Broads and a designated National Nature Reserve. Board walks and footpaths allow some access (including routes to bird-hides) but for the best of it go exploring by boat – canoes and dinghies are available to hire from Whispering Reeds Boats (01692 598314). You can also do full sailing lessons and courses with the Hickling Broad Sailing Club. If you want someone else to do all the hard work for you, take one of Norfolk Wildlife Trust’s boat tours. The timetable is available here. Away from the broads, it's around 4 miles to the coast. Overstrand beach is to the north and huge Winterton Dunes National Nature Reserve is just to the south. The nearest beach is Sea Palling – 3.5 miles away – and is an excellent dog-friendly, vast sandy spot. Waxham Beach is four miles from the campsite and is one of the few beaches that not many people know about, unless you're a local or a regular visitor.
Food & Drink
Onsite they have 'The Hickling hut' which offers fresh local produce including meats, pastries, and cakes fresh-baked every day by award-winning Norwich bakery Pye Bakers. They also have an impressive all singing, all dancing coffee machine.
Hickling Campsite is located at Hickling Campsite, Heath Road, Hickling, Norfolk NR12 0AX
The Hickling Cross Roads bus stop is ¼ mile away, with services running to and from Norwich.