Billie (2 at Wilding Away)
Billie is a VW Type 2 Bay Window Danbury
- Make: Volkswagen
- Year: 2011
- Petrol Engine ( 1.4 L )
- Sleeps 4
- Seats 4 (max 4 adults, 3 children)
- Min Driver Age: 23
The Owner Says
With all the style of the original classic but the benefit of modern reliability, Billie was built in Brazil in 2011 and converted by Danbury in the UK. Featuring a modern water-cooled and economical petrol engine, Billie requires a slightly more sympathetic driving style to a modern car. You're truly on holiday the second you take the wheel!
- Gearbox - 4-Speed Manual
- Unleaded Petrol
- Average Fuel Consumption - 35 mpg
- Engine - 1400cc Fuel-Injected, Water-Cooled
- Right Hand Drive
- Seats - 5 ( 2 x three point seatbelts in the front, 2 x three point seatbelts and 1 x lap belt in the rear)
- ‘Buddy’ Box behind Driver’s Seat - Doubles as a Removable Extra Seat for Leisure
- Front Roof Rack - Maximum Load 50kg
- No Power Steering
- Thatcham Approved Sigma Alarm / Immobiliser
Sleeping, Eating & Washing
- 4 berth - 1 Double Bed Downstairs and 1 Double Bed in the Pop Top Roof
- 2 Gas Hobs and Grill
- Auxilliary ceramic heater available
- Removable Dining Table
- All crockery, glassware, utensils and cooking equipment provided
- Eco cleaning products provided
- Stainless steel sink with electric water pump and fresh water container
- Blackout curtains and front thermoscreen blinds
Power and Audio
- 240v Electric Hook Up and Cable
- 12v Leisure Battery
- Radio/CD Player with AUX Input
- Flip Down Monitor with in-built DVD Player
- 2 x Twin 240v Sockets,
- 12v Socket in Driving Compartment
Details for Your Trip
- The price includes fully comprehensive insurance for 1 driver (between 23-75) and RAC cover. Additional drivers can be insured at a rate of £8 per day.
- Collection times are between 10am and 12pm and return times are between 3pm and 5pm. Charges apply for late return and early pick up although we will be flexible where we can depending on other bookings.
- Dog Friendly
- This campervan can be used in the UK and abroad - EU insurance can be included at a rate of £12 per day per driver. Billie has a mileage limit of an average of 100 miles per day over the duration of your trip. Additional miles charged at 20p per mile.
About this campervan hire location
FleetA pair of modern but classic Volkswagen vans.
Site ReviewsAdd Your Review
Rated ★★★★★ over 2 reviews
Enjoyable, comfortable and great fun
Very helpful owners who went out of their way to help us and kitted the van out with lovely considerate and tasteful touches. We didn’t find it lacking in anything. We found the van comfort-and easily roomy enough for two and the dog. An excellent first time experience
Absolutely perfect. Will definitely hire again. Fantastic motorvan, clear instructions and lovely experience.
Casper & Marielle, couldn't be more helpful. From start to finish, the entire experience with them was seamless. We were given clear instructions along with a manual and contact numbers just in case. A very easy to drive campervan and with good facilities. Just what you need. Will definitely hire again. Absolutely beautiful. We drove it to Cotswolds and back and had no issues. Good mileage too. The owners were lovely and professional. Patient to take us through everything and answer all our questions. Fantastic experience Anita.
The company is located at Unit 5, Bineham Park Farm, North Chailey, East Sussex BN8 4DD
If you're arriving at the pick-up point by car, you'll need to use the A272 which runs between the A23 at Bolney and the A22 near Uckfield. At North Chailey, turn on to the A275 towards Chailey and Lewes. The depot is about half a mile along this road. Exact details are sent on booking.
If using public transport to reach Wilding Away, take the train to Haywards Heath or Lewes, both which have good connections to London and Brighton. From there a taxi is necessary for the final part of the journey, a six or seven mile journey (around 15 minutes). There are taxi ranks at both stations.
Why book with Cool Camping?
- Best Price Guarantee, with no fees
- Instant booking confirmation
- Trusted for over 10 years
- A chance to win prizes in our regular competitions